Microsoft recently made a massive u-turn on basically everything they told us was right on their upcoming next gen console the Xbox One or Xbone, see even the name shortened is shit!
- Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.
- We chose the absolute wrong time to act like complete knobs and screw over the consumer when the gaming world (our supposedly) biggest customers were watching!
- For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future
- Our future is gaming, and when we say gaming we mean more screwing you over while we make more money. We tried to only let you play games when we wanted to allow it on the Xbox One but we got found out! Xbox is our heritage, money is our muddafvcking boss! We imagined that we could control the way that you use the Xbox One, and we still do, shit roaming and ‘extra benefits’, but none of this digital sharing crap, unless you wanna pay more to the boss, then we can work something out! We know everyone is basically connected, and some like it in the cloud, so we thought, why not keep alot of crap connected online, but we will still try and restrict that as well.
- Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.
- Jesus Henry Christ, we got bummed big time at E3 by Sony and PS4.
- You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.
- Wow guys, we better let these people actually use a games console like the way anyone would logically think. Lets get our heads out of this bossing sand, and actually come clean and say we fvcked up big time! Big Big time…. But let’s not actually say we got it wrong, let’s spin it to sound like we are listening to the fans and changing it because we listen, ahhhh how they care about us! It’s important to us that we, and only we get your money, and we shall restrict you in other certain areas, like digital content, but we wont shout this from the roof top this time, and try and make it go unnoticed. We will allow you to do want you want with a physical disc, like you should have been able to do in the first place anyway. We should also rename this console from the Xbox One to the Xbox 180, as this is the biggest U-turn ever!
So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:
- An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games
– After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.
- Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today
– There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
- SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, They are on to us. Lets change this and quick. Make this exactly like it is today. These gamers love how this system works, like they say if it ain’t broke…. Let’s fucking change it! People love that they can do WHAT THEY WANT WITH AN ITEM THEY PURCHASED IN ANY WAY THEY WANT! this will make them smile big time! Lets also throw a bombshell that you can play a games console as a games console, play an actual disc based game when not connected to the internet, as you know the right thing to do is let people use the product like they should. Lets also keep repeating the fact about disc based disc based disc based, so the unintelligent might not realise but we are actually implying that we are still going ‘do over’ or let’s say screw these consumers over on digital content somehow, without actually making it a fact out loud, like we have never said about being able to play downloaded games without being online or a registered connection… BOOM that’s where we get ya.
- In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions.
- These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray
- Nananananana you ruin it for one, we ruin it for everyone, you didn’t like what we did, yea we’ll back track, but your fvuked in the future, we are taking away features we promised, like a shitty game share scheme, which was still shitty in the first place, and you are getting stuck with what you have. Yea PS3 have even had digital game sharing since its release, but we are gonna make out like its something new and shiney that has never been done before, and then take it out of your grasp cos you didn’t like our first
FUCKING STUPIDbusiness plan!
- You wont get any discount of resale value on any digital content, cos we are restricting that bitch, again you could have had something like that, but because we screwing the customer over first time, and then went back on ourselves, like little girls, we have to screw you over somehow still. We are the money makers here BIATCH
Game wise both systems look OK, and no game that I’ve seen so far looks like it couldn’t run on current gen, the step up doesn’t look anywhere near as big this time and certainly not £400-500 better. I don’t always think about graphics, but that’s obviously what they push on new consoles, but personally i care about the stories being told in games, so i hope they continue to be strong on all current and next gen platforms (saying that they haven’t been massively great this gen, with a few obvious exceptions) Both consoles still look fvcking ugly too, and im even preferring the Xbox One over the PS4 looks too at the moment, and that’s saying something considering how bad the XBone (urgh they seriously didn’t think X BONE over did they, terrible) looks. Maybe both consoles will grow on me, or maybe its the angles the press love to shove in our faces, or the simple fact i haven’t seen one in the flesh, but on the current looks, i cant wait to be staring at them all the time in the front room.