THQ Inc. and Machinima today announced the immediate launch of a public PC Beta for Nexuiz, the CryENGINE® 3 powered Arena FPS from Illfonic.
Places are limited, and access keys can be claimed on a first come, first served basis via Alienware’s website at AlienwareArena.com/Nexuiz
After a successful launch on Xbox 360, Nexuiz is now scheduled for release on PC on May 3rd, with a suggested retail price of $9.99, and substantial PC-specific enhancements.
“PC is the home of the Arena Shooter” said Kedhrin Gonzalez, Creative Director at Illfonic. “We’ve been working hard to make the PC version of Nexuiz the best we can, and add the features and support that the discerning PC audience expects. This Beta will help us fine tune our online service, and we hope players will have a blast with it.”
The PC version of Nexuiz will include a number of enhancements and changes over the console version including:
· Dedicated Server Support and Game Browser
· Enhanced, CryENGINE 3 powered graphics with DX11 support
· Advanced custom controls, new HUD and a 15% increase to player speed for ultimate twitch-shooter experience – and Immersive feedback utilizing Alien FX by Alienware!
More details can be found on the Nexuiz community forums at Forums.Nexuiz.com
Nexuiz for PC is now available to pre-order from the THQ store at http://thq.me/dTS or on Steam at Store.Steampowered.com/app/96800 with a 10% discount applied to all pre-orders.
About Nexuiz for PC
For centuries the Kavussari and the Forsellians have waged war. They have a fragile truce but due to their seething disgust of each other they still pit their warriors against each other in arenas rather than on the fields of war.
Those episodes of lethal combat are now broadcast throughout the galaxy, as entertainment… a spectacle known as… The Nexuiz Competition: An arena based first person shooter where you can alter the rules of the match and laws of physics while you dominate opponents in ever-changing hostile environments bleeding with hatred.
– Arena FPS is back – inspired by the giants of the Arena FPS genre, Nexuiz reinvents twitch gaming for PC
– Rebuilt for the PC – dedicated server support, DX11 graphics and game speed and controls tuned for the discerning PC player makes this the best version of Nexuiz yet
– Over 100 ‘Dynamic Mutators’ serve as game-changing power-ups – Jetpacks, Uber-Nuke, Low Gravity, Big Head Mode and many more…
– 9 deadly arenas – powered by CryENGINE 3, Nexuiz sets a new graphical benchmark for a digital-only release
– Designed for competitive play – a superbly balanced weapon set, classic game modes, and extensive stat tracking, Medals and Leaderboard support
– Play solo or online – hone your skills against bots, then wage war online against the best in 4v4 multiplayer matches
– Just $9.99 – Nexuiz offers hours of gameplay and unprecedented production values for a $10 title