LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM™ AVAILABLE NOW ON iPhone, iPad, iPod touch IN NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE
The Genius Son of Professor Layton Finds Himself Against Nine Diabolical Cases of Murder, Mystery, and Intrigue
London, United Kingdom – June 27, 2013: Renowned Japanese game company LEVEL-5, best known for the critically acclaimed Profes -sor Layton , INAZUMA ELEVEN and NI NO KUNI, has released LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM ™, a crime-solving adventure game featuring enigmatic cases and new mysteries for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The game is available in North America and Europe as a free download with two initial cases to solve, with additional cases available as in-app purchases for players who find themselves engrossed in the extraordinary adventure of the son of world-beloved Professor Layton.
“We are excited to bring LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM to iOS in North America and Europe, where so many have already grown to love the puzzle-solving fun and whimsical adventure that the Professor Layton brand is known for,” said Akihiro Hino, President and CEO of LEVEL-5. “This is a brand new title that puts players in the middle of fascinating crime scenes that can be compared to an interactive mystery novella, creating the same sense of page-turning urgency that we hope will compel players to continue the story beyond the initial two case files that are being offered for free.”
LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM assembles the finest detectives of Scotland Yard who take on only the most extraordinary and twisted cases in what is known as the “Mystery Room.” The game features genius investigator, Inspector Alfendi Layton and his newly assigned assistant, Detective Constable Lucy Baker, who must delve into each case’s dark secrets — but it’s up to the player to investigate the evidence, find the contradictions, and unravel the truth that lies shrouded in mystery.
LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM gameplay features include:
· Investigate the Crime Scene: Uncover the details behind each crime as you zoom in and examine suspicious objects to add them to your mounting list of evidence. Piece them together to form an airtight case.
· Cut Through the Web of Deceit: Expose the crucial contradictions in the case files as you match them with evidence that just doesn’t add up. Call in the witnesses and find out if they have anything to hide.
· Face the Culprit in the Final Showdown: These criminal masterminds won’t make solving their heinous crimes easy. Find the holes in their arguments until their lies shatter around them, bringing the truth of each mystery to light.
· Nine Cases to Solve: The game will release free on iOS and will include the prologue and two cases. Additional case files will be available as separate in-app purchases (Case File Pack 1 including File No. 003-006 will be available for £1.99 and Case File Pack 2 including File No. 007-009 will be available for £1.49. The first two free cases include:
o File No. 01: “The Hand Sandwich”: A woman was found murdered at the seaside hotel of a bustling travel destination. Her asphyxiated body lies on the balcony with one hand inside the sandwich that was to be her last meal. Who is guilty of murder? What is the significance of the sandwich?
o File No. 02: “The Bungled Burglary”: A man was murdered inside his apartment. Two suspects emerge based on eyewitness testimonies, but the murder weapon seems to have vanished into thin air. Who is the perpetrator, and what kind of murder weapon disappears from a locked room?
· Alfendi Layton’s Secret: As you expose the contradictions and culprits throughout each case, you may catch glimpses of a drastic change that occurs in Inspector Layton’s personality… Uncover the truth of Layton’s condition by solving the mystery of all nine files.
· Compatibility: iOS 4.3 or later; iPhone 3GS or later; iPod Touch 4th generation or later; iPad first generation or later; and iPad mini.
LAYTON BROTHERS: MYSTERY ROOM is available in North America and Europe for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch today via the App Store as a free download, with Case File Pack 1 available for £1.99 and Case File Pack 2 available for £1.49. More information on LAYTON BROTHERS: MYSTERY ROOM can be found online at http://level5ia.com/ios/mystery-room/.
LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM is a vailable in English only in all territories , except for Japan where it is available in Japanese.