The countdown is on to Christmas and now is the time to transform your home into a magical Winter Wonderland. With so many different decorations filling the shops, how do you stay on trend and ensure your home is ready for the seasonal celebrations?
Julia Portington, sales manager for award-winning house builder Miller Homes Midlands, shares her top tips for giving your home a festive feel.
1. Our interior experts at Miller Homes love to use the colour white to ensure our properties are on trend. Using white and red decorations will give your home a Nordic snowy feel and by adding natural fibres like chunky woollen cushions and throws, you can create a warm cosy touch to your living room.
2. You can’t beat the smell of a real Christmas tree when you open the doors to your friends and family on the big day. It will give your house an instant “Christmassy” atmosphere. Make sure you get the sort that doesn’t drop needles so you’re not picking them up throughout December, especially if you have young children or pets.
3. To give your property instant Christmas kerb appeal, hook a wreath to your front door. You can save money by making your own, just add festive touches such as cinnamon sticks, dried oranges, berries and foliage. Fairy lights outside your house also add some Christmas sparkle, try hanging them on a tree or over your porch.
4. Festive foliage is also a great look for your stairs to make your home feel warm and welcoming for friends and family. Use things like ivy, and pine cones and then add some coloured baubles and twinkling lights to create some sparkle.
5. If you have a mantelpiece this is often the Christmas centerpiece for your room. With a fire roaring away on those cold nights, adding things like garlands are a simple and effective way to decorate your room. You can also add things like bright coloured baubles, old-fashioned candy canes or festive ferns in glass vases, for an injection of colour.
These tips can be used to ensure any home is ready for the big day. If it’s a two-bedroom apartment or a four-bedroom family home, you can turn any space into a Christmas cracker!
For more information on Miller Homes’ developments across the Midlands and to find out how you could be in a new home in the New Year, visit www.millerhomes.co.uk.