Deep Silver today revealed Resistance Mode for Homefront: The Revolution with the new ‘Freedom Fighters’ gameplay trailer.
Resistance Mode is a brand new four-player co-operative online experience included in Homefront: The Revolution, and Xbox One owners can be the first to try it out when the Closed Beta runs exclusively on Xbox One between February 11th and February 14th.
About Resistance Mode
Form a Resistance Cell with your friends online, and wage guerrilla warfare against the military might of the KPA in thrilling narrative-driven Missions across occupied Philadelphia.
Unlock new skills, earn weapon blueprints, rare equipment and combat gear to upgrade and customise your personal roster of Freedom Fighters, as you and your teammates go from rookie civilians to battle hardened soldiers.
Players will also enjoy major free content updates as part of an extensive post-launch support program from Dambuster Studios.
“Homefront: The Revolution is this team’s most ambitious project yet” said Hasit Zala, Game Director at Dambuster Studios.
“In addition to our epic 30+ hour single-player campaign, we expect to launch Resistance Mode with twelve Missions, packed with re-playability, and hope to release another twenty Missions within the first year. And to ensure our community can always play together, all Resistance Mode Missions will be free to download.”
For more information on Resistance Mode , visit Homefront-Game.com .
Sign Up for the Xbox One Closed Beta Today
Would-be freedom fighters can get their first taste of Resistance Mode in the upcoming Closed Beta, which will run from the 11th to 14th February exclusively on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
Places are limited, and the only way to gain access is through acquiring an Xbox One Beta Token.
Deep Silver and Xbox will be running a number of promotions over the coming days and weeks that will offer the opportunity to claim a Token and take part.
Your best chance of getting a Beta Token and staying informed of developments is by registering on the official Homefront website at Homefront-Game.com .
Registering an account will automatically enrol you for a chance to access the Closed Beta.
In addition, registered members of the Homefront community may also be invited to participate in a sneak preview of Resistance Mode via one of the upcoming Closed Beta Stress Tests which will take place on Friday 29th January and Friday 5th February on Xbox One.
Pre-Order Homefront: The Revolutionnow to secure the Revolutionary SpiritPack
Pre-Order Homefront: The Revolutionfrom any retailer to secure the Revolutionary Spirit pack, which includes :
– The Red Skull motorbike skin for campaign
– The Golden skin for your pistol for campaign
– Instant unlocks of the Marksman Rifle, Sniper Scope and Remote Explosives for your Resistance Mode character
Homefront: The Revolution is scheduled for release on 17th May 2016 in North America, and 20th May 2016 in all other territories on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.
Native Mac and Linux versions are also in development.
For more information and to get the latest updates on both Homefront: The Revolution and the upcoming Xbox One Closed Beta, follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @HomefrontGame or on Facebook at Facebook.com/HomefrontGame .
ABOUT HOMEFRONT: THE REVOLUTION
Homefront: The Revolution is an open-world first person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force.
A living, breathing, open world responds to your actions – you and your Resistance Cell can inspire a rebellion on the streets and turn Occupation into Revolution, as oppressed civilians take up the fight.
But your enemy has the advantage – superior technology, firepower, heavy armour and air support. You must learn the art of guerrilla warfare – ambush, sabotage, infiltration, deception – and fight a running battle through the war-ravaged suburbs of Philadelphia.
And the single player campaign is just the start – in Co-Op you and your friends can form your own Resistance Cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution!
· Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
· Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
· Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
· Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
· Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution