Limited-Edition Box Set Celebrates Ten Years of the EVE Universe. CCP Games, the world’s leading independent developer of massively multiplayer games, today announced full availability for EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition, a limited-edition box set containing numerous unique items to commemorate ten years of EVE Online® and the continuing evolution of the EVE Universe to include DUST 514® and more to come
“The EVE universe has grown for over ten years in unimaginable ways thanks to the endless and unique passion of its players,” said Hilmar Veigar Petursson, CEO of CCP. “This collector’s edition is not only a celebration of EVE Online’s history and a glimpse towards its future, but also a tribute to its players and the legendary stories and adventures that they have brought to the EVE Online experience. It is their universe after all!”
Included in EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition is a series of unique items and collectibles, specially crafted for the EVE Online enthusiast and new player alike, that celebrate the game’s tenth anniversary, including:
· “Rifter” USB hub, a four-port USB hub modeled on the iconic EVE Online ship.
· Into the Second Decade, a 190-page, richly illustrated, hardcover book commemorating the first 10 years of the EVE Universe. Into the Second Decade details the initial release of EVE Online and chronicles its growth through the game’s 20 free expansions, the community events that helped define the experience, and the launch of DUST 514. Also included are anecdotes and thoughts from famous EVE players.
· The Danger Game board game, an English-language adaptation of the popular Icelandic board game. Created by a fledgling CCP in 1998, The Danger Game (Icelandic: Hættuspil) helped fund the initial development of the original EVE Online release.
· EVE Symphony CD, a live performance of the signature EVE soundtrack by the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra, recorded in Reykjavik during EVE Fanfest 2013.
The box set also includes a “CCP Mystery Code” that grants owners exclusive benefits related to current and yet to be revealed CCP products and events. Currently announced benefits include:
· One PLEX, an in-game item for EVE Online which can be exchanged for a month of play time or sold on the EVE market for in-game currency
· Exclusive ‘Phanca’ Cybernetic Arm for EVE Online characters coming November 19th with EVE Online: Rubicon
Templar Mark II Prototype, a one-of-a-kind fighter ship for use in the upcoming virtual reality-based dogfighting game by CCP, EVE: Valkyrie
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition also contains one-time-use codes for unique in-game items for both EVE Online and CCP’s newest title, DUST 514, a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter for the PlayStation®3, set in the same universe as EVE Online.
The in-game items include:
· The “Golden Pod,” an exclusive skin for the iconic capsule (EVE Online).
· A “Gnosis” Blueprint, a five-run blueprint of the 10th anniversary Gnosis, the Society of Conscious Thought battlecruiser (EVE Online).
· The “Time Capsule,” a selection of over 25 collectible items based on classic EVE lore as well as memorable moments over the first decade (EVE Online).
· A new skin for the Amarr Magnate frigate (EVE Online).
· A selection of exclusive male and female clothing items and accessories to dress your pilot in style (EVE Online)
· Powerful Amarr weapons and a collection of “Templar” dropsuits for (DUST 514).
CCP recently released an unboxing video, showing the contents of EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition. It is available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u4Lh_HGfuk
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition can be purchased now worldwide for $149.99/€149.99 via the new EVE store at https://store.eve.com/eve-the-second-decade-collectors-edition, Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CIGV846, and Flashpoint in Germany: http://www.flashpoint.de/eve-online-10th-anniversary-edition/