stillalive studios, Viva Media and bitComposer jointly announce the Early Access release of Son of Nor, the epic action-adventure game from stillalive studios, an Innsbruck-based developer. Son of Nor is set in Noshrac, a world inhabited by a minority of human survivors and a race of hostile creatures called Sarahul, both left behind by ancient Gods in a legacy of conflict. As a member of the last surviving humans with magical powers, the Sons of Nor defend all that’s left and battle against the Sarahul to avoid total annihilation and ultimately extinction.
Son of Nor’s dynamic game world features novel game mechanics like terraforming and telekinesis, which can be combined by the player. This unique ability to combine features allows players a new level of creativity in their actions. As players experience the world of Noshrac in Early Access, they will gain access to 14 levels of fully functional gameplay. The final launch will support various gadgets, including the Tobii eye tracker and Oculus. Multi-player (4 person) and local co-op (2 person) via split screen are also supported.
In Son of Nor, a new level of technical achievement has been reached with its sophisticated terraforming game mechanic. Developed by Mautner, a Physics graduate, the algorithm powers the simulation of sand flow and interacts with physical objects in a natural way. In this dynamic game world, one can manipulate sand, move and throw objects, tear out rocks from canyon walls and even pick up enemies to place them where they wish.
Julian Mautner, lead Engineer and Founder of stillalive studios, noted that, “In Son of Nor, we have pushed the terraforming game mechanic further than before, bringing a higher degree of gameplay freedom and intensity to the action-adventure genre.”
Son of Nor is now available on Steam Early Access for € 19.99 / $ 19.99 / £ 14.99.
More Information about Son of Nor can be found at
Son of Nor is now available on Steam:
Son of Nor official Early Access trailer
In the final version of the game, players can expect a lot more exciting features!
Features in the Early Access Version:
- 14 complete levels with all game mechanics fully functional
- Multiplayer debut with up to 4 players via the Steam platform, or 2 player on local co-op mode, or simply play alone
- Play your style – use telekinesis to fight your way through, carefully prepare traps, avoid fights altogether or join forces with your friends
- Move and shape the desert using terraforming: lower and raise sand to gain tactical advantage, create barriers, trigger traps, or bury entire buildings to escape your pursuers
- Tear rocks out of canyon walls to hurl them at opponents, or use your telekinetic powers in puzzles
- Use elements like fire and wind to summon powerful spells. Combine them to wreak havoc upon your enemies
- Get immersed in the world of Son of Nor: no GUI or HUD, everything is embedded naturally and intuitively in the world’s environment
- Cleverly rid yourself of enemies, move and throw objects and create levitating bridges with telekinesis
- Use your powers to overcome enemy attacks and solve intriguing and rewarding puzzles
- A very atmospheric and mysterious sound track composed specifically for Son of Nor.
- Supports SteelSeries Sentry Eye tracking and Tobii Eye tracker: Control your powers intuitively by using your eyes
- Oculus Virtual Reality Headset*
- Emotiv EPOC, Brain Computer Interface*
*Implementation of Oculus Rift and Emotiv EPOC are currently being implemented. Stay tuned for more information coming soon!